1.Manage the Ingevity Zhuhai Quality Laboratory and nine blue collar Lab Operators. Manage the ordering of necessary supplies and managing the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment. Train Lab Operators in new procedures, safe lab practices, and annual refresher training. Oversee Lab Operator testing and certification. Work with other company labs to improve procedures and conduct round robin testing.
2. Review daily quality results. Manage the product grading in SAP. Identify possible analytical errors, investigate and correct.
3. Assist the Operations Group in diagnosing and addressing quality problems in the production process. Assist the Product Development and Technical Sales organizations with sample testing.
4. Lead the plant response to customer complaints. Server as the plant liaison to the rest of the division for customer complaint and customer satisfaction activities.
5. Lead the planning and preparation for the Bravo Plant’s initial registration under the TS-16949 quality standard. Assist other departments in establishing sustainable systems to maintain TS-16949 registration. Assist the SH&E group in preparing for the Bravo Plant’s initial registration under the RC-14001 Responsible Care standard.
6. Prepare an annual budget for the
Laboratory Cost Center. Manage expenses to meet the annual budget and provide
regular summary report to plant management.
What you need to succeed:
1. A self-motivated individual who can define and develop the position of Bravo QC Manager.
2. Senior college degree and above, major in chemistry or chemical engineering
3. At least three years laboratory or laboratory management experience, familiar with laboratory equipment and analysis. Strong knowledge of SPC and the principles of Continuous Improvement.
4. Experience with TS-16959 (preferred) or ISO-9001 is required. Experience with RC-14001 or ISO-14001 is a plus
5. Understand English and able to use MS Office software. Experience with SAP is a plus